Parliament Panthers Swim & Dive Team Covid Procedures for Team Practices
NOTE: These protocols are for practices only. Information for meets will be sent out before each meet and will be updated here.
In accordance with CDC guidelines, Virginia Executive Order, and Parliament Pool Operating Procedures:
Screening: The Team will not conduct a daily screening prior to practice. We expect all swimmers/divers to self-screen and they should NOT come to practice if they are currently experiencing:
- a fever (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher)
- a sense of having a fever
- a new cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition
- new shortness of breath that cannot be attributed to another health condition
- new chills that cannot be attributed to another health condition
- a new sore throat that cannot be attributed to another health condition
- new muscle aches that cannot be attributed to another health condition or specific activity (such as physical exercise)
Anyone experiencing symptoms that cannot be attributed to another health condition should not come to the pool.
Social Distancing: Members are responsible for maintaining social distancing on the deck. Swimmers/divers should avoid any unnecessary close interactions to the maximum extent possible.
- Face coverings are encouraged for those who are not vaccinated while entering or exiting the facility and when interacting with staff members.
- When coaching from the water and/or coming into direct contact with swimmers/divers, coaches will wear masks or face shields, when feasible.
- Wearing masks or face shields will be more consistent with Minis coaches.
- Coaches in the upper age groups are often performing demonstrations when in the water with swimmers, limiting their ability to wear a mask or face shield.
- The requirement to wear masks or face shields goes above and beyond current CDC, Virginia, and Parliament restrictions. As such, this requirement may be readdressed and relaxed in the future if we determine the mask or face shield is having an adverse effect (i.e. unable to hear instruction, unsafe, not providing intended safety barrier, etc.). If a parent has any concerns with possibly relaxing this requirement, please contact the Team Reps, either in person or via email (Swim: Rebecca Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org or Colin Wiemer at email@example.com; Dive: Andrea Cate at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Face coverings will be encouraged for those who are not vaccinated while entering or exiting the facility and when interacting with staff members.
Bathroom Usage: We ask that all swimmers/divers come prepared to swim/dive in their suits. We discourage the use of the bathroom as a changing room or to shower. Face coverings are encouraged in the restroom regardless of vaccination status.
Parents: We ask that you stay back by the grill area during practice. Mini parents may walk the children to the shallow end and then we ask that you return to the grill area. Masks are optional in this area. During the first two weeks of afternoon practice, the shallow end can be crowded. When you bring your mini swimmer to the start line, please move quickly away from the area to minimize crowding.