The Mini Panther program is for young Parliament swimmers (ages 4-7) who are interested in gaining swim strength and developing their strokes. Summer swim provides a unique opportunity for your child to develop as a swimmer, make friends, and be a part of a community team with kids of all ages.
Mini Panthers must be able to:
- enter the pool on their own without any flotation device; it is very important the children are willing to transition easily as we have access to the pool for short periods
- show a willingness to follow simple direction from coaches
Mini Panthers should be beginning to swim across the shallow end of the pool without a flotation device.
- Mini Panthers will be evaluated for water confidence and willingness to submerge in shallow water, 2-3 feet deep and will be directed to swim lessons or continue with Mini Panthers.
Mini Panthers will be evaluated by coaches during the first 1-2 weeks of practice (the afternoon practices before school gets out). At the end of these weeks, children will be directed to swim lessons or to continue with Mini Panthers. If swimmers are not going to continue with Mini Panthers, your registration fee will be refunded. More information about Parliament Group Swim Lessons can be found here. Swim lessons start when school gets out.
What Will Mini Panthers do each Summer?
- Mini Panthers practice during 8 & Under practice times
- Mini Panthers are included in all Panther swim and dive team events including: Picture Day, Pancake Breakfast, Friday Pep Rallies, Fun Friday, team social events and are encouraged to attend meets to cheer on their older teammates.
- Some Mini Panthers will have the opportunity to swim at Home B Meets and some other meets during the season. Some pools do a kickboard race or a “deepend dash”. Coaches will notify minis before each meet if there is an opportunity to swim. Participation in meets is not required.
- Mini Panthers are working towards swimming in a Monday night “B” meet. Coaches will let parents know when their child is ready to swim in a meet. This is a big deal and everyone loves cheering on our youngest Panthers in the meets!
- Lollipop Meet - This is a fun, end of year meet. We're not sure how it will look this year, but more information will be coming!
Registration & Fees
Registration will be done via SwimTopia this year! PAYMENT is done via Check. Registration will open May 9, 2021. Each family will create a SwimTopia account during registration and will use this login each time they want to access their account.
Registration Fee:1st Child: $115
All other children: $110
NOTE: Mini Panther parents are not required to volunteer at meets and do not have to give a volunteer check.